EHS&S Manufacturing Intern Student
Huber Engineered Woods LLC
Locations: Commerce, GA
Huber Engineered Woods LLC operates four manufacturing facilities in North America with corporate headquarters located in Charlotte, North Carolina. Huber Engineered Woods is part of the J. M. Huber Corporation based in Edison, New Jersey. J.M. Huber is a family owned business that is diversified across a broad range of industries with innovative products and services in three sectors: Engineered Materials, Natural Resources and Technology-Based Services.
The Engineered Materials Sector consists of Huber Engineered Woods (HEW), Huber Engineered Materials (HEM) and CP Kelco. These businesses provide value-added specialty products that help improve the performance of consumer and industrial products.
Huber Engineered Woods LLC is a recognized leader in creating specialty wood composites for residential construction and industrial applications. HEW is focused on providing high quality, branded products including AdvanTech® flooring, sheathing and rimboard; ZIP System wall® sheathing and ZIP System roof™ sheathing; and several specialty original equipment manufacturing (OEM) products for millwork and transportation industries.
Intern Students will be responsible for assisting EHS&S professionals in all aspects of position requirements. As the student increases knowledge and gains experience, he/she will be responsible for completing individual projects.
The job will be based at the Commerce, Georgia manufacturing facility, located 15 minutes from downtown Athens. Position will be involved with projects at the Commerce facility. Job duties will be hands-on with a large percentage of time spent in the facility working on assignments and learning the process. The intern will work in all inside and outside areas of the manufacturing facility and is exposed to heat, cold, inclement weather, grease, oil, and dirty working conditions.
· Oversee safety orientation training for new employees while maintaining records.
· Helps coordinate maintenance and cleaning activities related to the continued operation of the mills environmental control equipment (WESP, RTOs, and Filter bag-houses).
· Tracks all safety training needed according to government regulations and corporate/sector guidelines and assures that proper documentation is completed.
· Assist with implementation and audit EHS programs and policies ensuring compliance with governmental health and safety regulations including those from corporate and sector offices.
· Gathers data, compiles, and submits monthly metric reports accurately and timely.
· Investigates any work-related injury, significant incident, near miss and first aid injury. Follow up with recommendations to limit the possibility of a repeat occurrence and prepare reports as needed.
· Performs analysis on all accidents, significant incidents, fires, and first aid injuries in the Enablon online reporting and management system and helps develops corrective actions.
· Develops and administers an annual safety management system review and action plan, highlighting goals and action steps to help reach stated goals.
· Analyses current tasks seeking improvements in design of work areas leading to increased safety and productivity,
· Coordinates employee health screenings and audiometric testing on an annual basis.
· Develop, implement, maintain, and coordinate the facility emergency response plan.
· Other duties as assigned by the plant manager or EHS manager
· Performs general physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs, moving whole body and multilimbed coordination
· Working towards a BS degree in Safety Engineering, Environmental Engineering or a related Engineering field.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Basic statistical, data analysis, and mathematics skill are required.
· Computer skills in MS Office Suite as well as e-mail and internet researching skills.
· Strong focus on planning, employee relations, safety management, injury prevention, and program development.
· Strong work ethic with a hands-on approach to work and a willingness to learn.
· Able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and initiatives that support the EHS function
Develop an understanding of an EHS&S professional’s role in an industrial/manufacturing environment
Develop ability to communicate with a variety of people in all types of positions
Work assignments that will enhance problem solving skills and EHS&S knowledge
Interested candidates should send resumes to:
Human Resources Department
1442 Highway 334
Commerce, GA 30530
Fax: (706) 336-3084
Huber Engineered Woods is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, genetic information, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.