Why work at Iroquois Springs?
You will get the opportunity to develop tangible skills in leadership, critical thinking, organization and teamwork in a very cool outdoors environment. Iroquois Springs will help you grow and develop as you prepare for your future career.
Check out our staff video: Be A Difference Maker
How can I learn these skills working with children?
Every day of the summer you will be leading a group of children from morning till night through all the fun activities camp has to offer. Throughout this time, you will need to think outside the box, be creative and connect with your campers making sure that they are having an amazing experience. A true chance to be a Difference Maker in the lives of other people all while having FUN yourself!
This is the perfect position for applicants who have a strong swimming background and have a passion for passing on their skills to children. Experience teaching swimming preferred but not required.
(Lifeguard only positions available as well)
· Lives in a cabin with a group of 10-13 children and with 2 co-counselors.
· Provides quality instruction in your specialized program area -aquatics.
· Will provide age-specific activities/drills that represent the age of the campers you are working with.
· To be a great role-model to all campers you interact with in your program area.
· Will be creative and innovative in keeping your program area fresh and exciting.
· Ability to wear 2 hats, when not instructing in your specialized area you will be fulfilling the cabin specialist role with your group of campers.
· Will be a Difference Maker!
Camp can provide certification courses in Lifeguarding and Swim Teaching for successful applicants.
*COVID-19: We have been, and will continue to, work diligently on creating our Covid-19 plan to ensure all members of our community stay healthy and safe throughout the camp season.*