Why work at Iroquois Springs?
You will get the opportunity to develop tangible skills in leadership, critical thinking, organization and teamwork in a very cool outdoors environment. Iroquois Springs will help you grow and develop as you prepare for your future career.
Check out our staff video: Be A Difference Maker
Iroquois Springs is looking for dynamic young professionals to join our Leadership Staff this summer. A Group Leader at Iroquois Springs is responsible for the success of 30-40 campers and 6-12 college-aged staff. This is the perfect opportunity for a young educator who is looking to continue their personall growth whilst having an amazing adventure this summer!
· Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, leadership/management experience, preferred fields of study: Education, Social Work, Guidance etc. Camp experience a bonus!
· Ensure that the campers are being well taken care of, both physically and emotionally.
· Know the special needs of each camper, dietary, medical, social, and emotional etc.
· Provide additional support to counselors who are dealing with “issues” such as bullying, homesickness, or a group dynamics.
· Be a presence with your campers in activities and in the cabin. Build relationships with them beyond just being an adult supervisor.
· Provide ongoing training, guidance, and regular feedback to counselors.
· Communicate with parents by phone updating them on their child’s progress.
· Provide outstanding customer service to our campers, staff and parents.
· Communicate all parent correspondence to Head Counselor and Camp Director.
· Partner with program staff, providing them with support, extra hands, ideas and feedback where appropriate.
· Provide written counselor evaluations, document parent phone calls, maintain an organized program schedule.
· Serve as an essential adult presence, role-model, and influence for all campers and counselors.
· Will be a difference maker!
Salary: $3000, Travel Reimbursement, Room & Board Included
*COVID-19: We have been, and will continue to, work diligently on creating our Covid-19 plan to ensure all members of our community stay healthy and safe throughout the camp season.*