- Why work at Iroquois Springs? You will get the opportunity to develop tangible skills in leadership, critical thinking, organization and teamwork in a very cool outdoors environment. Iroquois Springs will help you grow and develop as you prepare for your future career, whilst having an amazing adventure in beautiful upstate New York!
- Check out our staff video: www.iroquoissprings.com/staff
- How can I learn these skills working with children? Every day of the summer you will be leading a group of children from morning till night through all the fun activities camp has to offer. Throughout this time you will need to think outside the box, be creative and connect with your campers making sure that they are having an amazing experience. A true chance to be a Difference Maker in the lives of other people all while having FUN yourself!
Cabin Specialist Job Description
· Lives in a cabin with a group of 10-15 children and with 2 co-counselors.
· Act as a leader, guide, helper and positive role-model with your group of assigned campers.
· Maintains maximum safety for all campers at all times.
· Participates in all daily camp activities with your campers.
· Will make sure your campers are prepared to participate in daily activities.
· Establishes an individual relationship with each camper.
· Lead and/or assist in a particular program area.
· Puts the needs of the campers before those of yourself.
· Establishes with campers the way we do things in the daily routine of bunk cleanliness, personal hygiene, sleep and rest.
· Help campers develop life skills including independence, cooperation, responsibility & perseverance.
· Will know and observe camp policies.
· Participates in pre-camp training and weekly staff meetings with Directors/Head Counselor.
· Prepares a daily written camper report relating to your observations of each camper’s experience.
· Will be a Difference Maker!
If you are a fun, motivated and selfless person looking to have the most amazing summer, then Iroquois Springs is looking for you. A summer at camp is truly special as you make strong connections with your campers and fellow staff, all whilst having fun outdoors as part of an incredible community! Come be a Difference Maker this summer!
THERE ARE ALSO POSITIONS AVAILABLE TO WORK IN SPECIFIC AREAS OF CAMP (AQUATICS, STEM, SPORTS, ADVENTURE, ARTS, MEDIA) SEE IROQUOIS SPRINGS WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILS
Salary: $1400-$1800, $400 Travel Reimbursement, Room & Board Included.
*COVID-19: We have been, and will continue to, work diligently on creating our Covid-19 plan to ensure all members of our community stay healthy and safe throughout the camp season.*