The Master Data Governance Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing master data and business process information to provide insight and recommendations into system and organization improvements, from a business and technical perspective. The analyst will lead the definition and enforcement of the rules and procedures that guide the overall management of master data: processes, business data definitions, standards, quality rules, and service level agreements. The analyst will work in conjunction with data owners and data stewards, to ensure that data is accurate, consistent, complete, timely, available, and secure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supports the implementation of a multi-domain MDM solution (Stibo Systems); help provide technical troubleshooting, testing and training.
2. Supports detailed data usage and data meaning analysis to support governance recommendations across various systems (SAP, Team Center, Quantum, Sales Force, etc.)
3. Partners with operational areas, data stewards and management to help resolve issues and answer Master Data related inquiries; appropriately escalating issues to ensure timely resolution.
4. Works with business & technical resources to design, implement, test and validate changes to master data governance model and clearly communicates impacts across all subject areas.
5. Provides support to technical staff to integrate master data across software systems.
6. Assists with development of data standards for the capture, creation, storage and usage of operational and analytic data models. Standards may include but are not limited to naming conventions, derivation and transformation rules, specific quality measures, etc.
7. Works with business leaders, data stewards & stakeholders to enhance the data governance model, facilitate consensus, ensure a common business vocabulary, and leverage data cross-functionally.
8. Leads and supports the efforts to identify and correct data anomalies (e.g., assists with data profiling, data quality audits, incorrect usage, data out of range, invalid values, etc.)
9. Identifies ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the business users continually.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
1. Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Information Systems or other quantitative field from a four year college or university is required; masters degree strongly preferred.
2. 3-5 years of experience in business systems preferred; in a case of recent graduates, directly related internship or co-op experience is required.
3. Experience working with an SAP application, data warehouse, master data management, or data governance system strongly preferred.
4. Experience in data analysis and/or reporting along with strong knowledge of database and related technologies desired.
5. Previous experience supporting Manufacturing, Aerospace, Finance or IT desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong analytical and problem solving skills along with verbal, written and presentation skills.
2. Strong technical skills, including basic programming or pseudocoding abilities strongly preferred.
3. Strong interpersonal skills as well as ability to influence and develop business relationships.
4. Advanced Excel knowledge including, but not limited to, pivot tables, v/h-lookups, functions, and macros.
5. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
1. Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
2. Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
3. Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
4. Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
5. Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
6. Effectively communicate in Business English language.
7. Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
8. Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided “reach assistance technology” or “movement assist technology” (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly’s, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This document does not constitute a contract between the incumbent and Honda Aircraft Company. (FLSA: Exempt) 01/07/13