November 1, 2021
JOB TITLE: Elementary Music Teacher
LOCATION: District PK-5 Schools
START DATE: December 2021
Holland Public Schools, located in Holland Michigan. The district has four elementary schools, one middle school and one high school and has an enrollment of approximately 3200 students. We offer a dual language immersion program in Spanish in grades K-8. Holland Public Schools has a diverse student population.
Holland is located on the shores of Lake Michigan with an inlet Lake Macatawa. You will love the outdoor activities, the diverse community, and be able to create the lifestyle you choose. From the quaint specialty shops downtown, to the white sandy beaches, you’ll fall in love with Holland’s small-town charm and big-city amenities. Attend our world-famous Tulip Time Festival, visit one of our neighborhood art fairs, enjoy a theatre performance, stroll the downtown sidewalks (heated), or watch a brilliant sunset over Lake Michigan. No matter what your interests, you won’t be disappointed!
APPLICANTS: Holland Public Schools encourages applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. We are sensitive to how the COVID-19 pandemic is impacting work and personal lives, and will offer the utmost flexibility throughout the interview process.
QUALIFICATIONS: The individual selected for this position will be the one who offer the best combination of training, experience and attributes in accordance with the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an approved college or university.
- Valid, current K-12 Music (JX) or (JQ) endorsement from the State of Michigan required.
- Experience in either vocal or instrumental music is required. Preference given to
candidates who have experience in both vocal and instrumental music.
- Effective communicator with students, parents and the community.
- Shows evidence of very successful student teaching experience and/or appropriate
experience as a classroom teacher.
- Ability to demonstrate mature judgment and moral and ethical behavior.
- Regular, reliable and punctual attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Meets the requirements of School Safety Legislation (Complete FBI fingerprints required.
COMPENSATION and WORK YEAR: In accordance with the Board of Education/HEA Contract
METHOD OF APPLICATION: Candidates should apply online to: www.hollandpublicschools.org. This position will be posted until it is filled.
Per HPS Board Policy, the following information is provided to all new employees:
The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non prescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the district.
Holland Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, handicap, disability, or limited English proficiency in any of its programs or activities. Inquiries regarding the district’s non-discrimination policies should be directed to: The Director of Human Resources, Holland Public Schools, 320 West 24th Street, Holland, MI 49423 (616) 494-2000.