HM.CLAUSE is a Business Unit of Limagrain, an international agricultural co-operative founded and managed by farmers. HM.CLAUSE specializes in the breeding, production, and sale of vegetable seeds. From the world market to the farmer’s market, we collaborate with our customers to deliver successful solutions for the agricultural challenges of today and produce the highest quality vegetable seeds for the future. Our global team of experts and state-of-the-art research facilities enable us to work side-by-side with growers to provide the most regionally relevant and reliable vegetable seeds available.
The coordination of genetics tests will include but is not limited to following established protocols for the reception of samples, planting of seed, plating of plant material, shipment preparation, and communication with genetics lab members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
• Utilize a Lab Information Management System to process samples for testing from reception to result entry.
• Organize and prioritize samples in existing excel sheets for traceability.
• Plant and maintain test seedlings under controlled environment when necessary.
• Sample plant material including seed punches, leaf discs, and radicles into well plates.
• Prepare shipments physically and create shipments through shipping couriers. Shipment files are to be organized in a lab shared drive.
• Follow country specific regulations of seed and when necessary apply for export/reexport phytosanitary certificates through the USDA.
• Follow lots through the shipping and testing process and assist with custom clearance and request more seed when necessary.
• Assist with grow out sowing, transplanting, and evaluation when necessary.
• Purchase order entry, invoice reception and submission to accounting.
• Complete assigned tasks in a timely, efficient, safe, and effective manner.
• Monitor and control all aspects that could affect test results; follow Good Manufacturing Practice, maintaining office and laboratories in a clean, safe and organized manner.
• Perform other quality control interdepartmental duties or other tasks when assigned.