HM.CLAUSE is a Business Unit of Limagrain, an international agricultural co-operative founded and managed by farmers. HM.CLAUSE specializes in the breeding, production, and sale of vegetable seeds. From the world market to the farmer’s market, we collaborate with our customers to deliver successful solutions for the agricultural challenges of today and produce the highest quality vegetable seeds for the future. Our global team of experts and state-of-the-art research facilities enable us to work side-by-side with growers to provide the most regionally relevant and reliable vegetable seeds available.
HM.CLAUSE is seeking a dynamic and strategic leader to join our team as the Global R&D Strategy Manager. This strategic position is responsible for data management and process to help ensure R&D crop investments are aligned with Business priorities.
This role will also manage the R&D Resource planning processes, budget process, and portfolio prioritization initiatives to ensure decisions are informed, transparent, and efficient. This role will help drive key strategic portfolio initiatives, develop, and implement the relevant methodology, and metrics to evaluate R&D programs to enable the Global R&D Management Team (GMT) to facilitate decision-making.
This position can be located in Maninet, France or Davis, CA (US)
- Manages the annual global R&D Portfolio prioritization process
- Support the implementation of end-to-end portfolio management processes, best management practices, and standardized success metrics across the R&D organization
- Conduct a detailed strategic analysis of the R&D Crop Portfolio and Projects to show potential benefits and, risks to enable and facilitate tradeoffs decision-making
- Defines, develops, and implements R&D Portfolio KPIs. Creates and maintains R&D dashboards and benchmarks for key success metrics
Portfolio Resource Management
- Manages the annual R&D Resource planning and budget processes
- Manages the development of R&D Analytics Tool to identify and prioritize ways to improve data collection, processing, and reporting; assess the required tools & software needed to support informed decision-making
- Partners with Finance to consolidate R&D budget forecast and reporting
- Manages and develops models for R&D resource-costing and allocation methodologies with harmonized data inputs and outputs across different portfolios and functions
- Responsible for tracking R&D resource allocations/re-allocation across different crops, functions, and portfolios, ensuring alignment with the business strategies
Portfolio Strategic Initiatives and Communication
- Effectively communicates strategic analysis and modeling techniques to R&D management. Managing stakeholder expectations and driving alignment as needed
- Provides input on business development opportunities that pertain to R&D activities, specifically related to the Innovation, Mid- Term Plan initiatives (MTP),Strategic Crop Reviews (SCR), and business models with regional partners
- Builds organizational alignment by understanding gaps relative to the company strategic plan and addressing those gaps with the appropriate method and sense of urgency
- Develops and manages strategic regional and/or global projects at the direction of the R&D Leadership.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree preferred in Business Administration or related field
- 5+ Years of experience in portfolio management,
- 5+ Years project management, or strategic roles preferred
- Proven ability to think and act creatively with economic and financial data
- International business experience, coupled with strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to effectively communicate economic analysis and statistical modeling techniques to stakeholders
- Finance experience is a plus
- Understanding of plant sciences is a plus
- Experience developing enterprise reports using enterprise reporting tools such as Power BI, Microstrategy
- Experience with database management such as Access / SQL is a plus
- Experience with advanced Excel + Visualization
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal) in English (French is a plus).
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- Strong analytical skills with great attention to detail and accuracy