R&D Automotive Intern, Connected Vehicle
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Status: Full-Time Internship
Duration: 6 Months (Start ASAP)
Hours: 9am-6pm (with one-hour lunch break), Monday – Friday
The Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is looking for a candidate pursuing their MS/Ph.D. degree in engineering (or equivalent) to join our research & development team as an intern. The research intern will be involved in research for the automotive industry. The specific focus will be on projects related to connected car and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). This will involve algorithm development along with validation on hardware using real life data. The intern will work closely with R&D and related business unit members to enhance system performance by introducing advanced techniques.
- Current enrollment in MS/Ph.D. degree program in Engineering (or equivalent) is required.
- Knowledge of Automated Driving Systems (ADS) is required
- Knowledge of computer vision and sensor fusion methods are preferred
- Research experience in connected cooperative automated driving is preferred
- Knowledge of machine learning is required.
- Programming skills in C++ and/or Python is required
- Good literature survey, technical writing, & communication skills
- Ability to plan and execute experiments; document, analyze, and present experimental results
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate dedication to completing jobs on time
EOE Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities