Photography Interns at Heartland Camps get the opportunity to practice their craft daily as they photograph various camp activities and capture the heart of our camp mission: building relationships and impacting lives for Jesus Christ.
· Have a relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for sharing God’s love through everything you do
· Have experience with photo editing software
· Have experience taking pictures, some video and group photos
· Own a computer that is capable of running photo editing software (or use your own software)
· Must be at least 18 years old
*Heartland owns Canon cameras. We have allowed the use of personal cameras but only at the employee’s own risk. This can be discussed upon hiring.
*Heartland will work with you to set up a workable routine to get all the video/camera shots needed. We also understand the hired individual will have his/her own style in going about the fulfillment of the job description.
To support Heartland’s mission by creating tangible memories for kids to view at home, on our website, and on the internet. To capture daily camp events through pictures and video, and present a camp highlight video at the closing of each session (Friday Evenings).
1. Collect pictures of all major camp events, campers and activities each week
2. Be able to manage work flow, to include photo editing, taking pictures, creating an end-of-the-week highlight video, and Program Support duties.
3. Capture pictures that Heartland can use for marketing
4. Creatively produce a weekly highlight video, no longer than 10-12 minutes, for each camper to purchase online as well as presenting the highlight video at Friday evening’s Closing Program
5. The weekly highlight video will consist of various video clips and photographs from the session, edited together, over music.
6. Must be flexible, adaptable, and willing to work long hours
7. Coordinate with the Program Director: be aware of program changes, make sure appropriate events are being filmed, take pictures when needed
8. Capture photos for events requested by the summer camp director
9. Physically able to travel the trails and roads that connect the program elements and facilities of Heartland camp grounds
10. Must capture per session each camper and include each camper in the highlight video
11. Complete any other tasks assigned-related to program, staff, or general camp needs
12. Collaborate with other photographers and work well together
· Have a relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to share God’s love through everything you do
· Ability to work long hours, including standing and/or sitting
· Ability to stay focused and work independently until necessary tasks are complete, to include working non-traditional hours to make certain the job is well done
· Ability to use a camera in a professional manner
· Know the general skills needed for outstanding photography
· Be a team player
· Capable of reaching all areas of camp quickly
· Know how to use photo editing software efficiently