To be a growing organization providing leadership that improves the lives of customers, associates and communities.
Assist customers with account needs and provide customer service. Conduct financial transactions between customers and the Bank, handle routine customer inquiries and problems and maintain favorable customer and associate relations by performing the following duties. The position will comply with bank policies, procedures and government regulations while providing the highest quality of service to every customer, both internal and external, by following the Heartland Bank Service Pledge Standards. The work schedule for this position is Monday-Saturday as scheduled. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
· Follows customer service procedures to ensure they are met to the highest standard consistently.
· Maintains a high level of enthusiasm, motivation, and self-confidence.
· Processes customer transactions including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, checks, money orders, and redeeming savings bonds; ensures all necessary information is in place prior to completing transaction with 100% accuracy.
· Ensures completion of customer transactions in a timely, efficient and courteous manner at all times; provides customers with account balance information and receipts.
· Responds to customer inquiries regarding their accounts or company products/services in a professional and courteous manner.
· Responds effectively to customers requesting to close their accounts, determining the reason and offering possible alternatives.
· Updates customer contact information as determined by CIS guidelines.
· Counts and packages currency and coins.
· Buys and sells currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
· Assists in night depository function.
· Reconciles checks and cash in drawer at shift completion with 100% accuracy.
· Maintains working knowledge of all company products and/or services.
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provides assistance with answering phones as needed.
· Conduct oneself in a professional and appropriate manner at all times, whether at work or outside business hours, remembering you are a representative of this institution.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Maintains a high level of enthusiasm, motivation, professionalism and self-confidence; must have a team-player attitude
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Maintains and assures confidentiality of customer information
· Excellent customer service skills; strong interpersonal skills
· Maintains a high level of accuracy and detail
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow; versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and a team-player attitude in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to effectively communicate and work with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
· Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
· Refer to assigned Authority Guidelines
· There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Working knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems and Microsoft Office products.
· Must be able to operate PC, printer, copy and fax machines and telephone.
KEY CONTACTS–Internal and External
· Has daily contact with bank customers. The incumbent’s main responsibility is that of serving and assisting customers.
· Has frequent contact with Branch Manager, Branch Operations Supervisor and Main Branch staff regarding customer transactions.
· Has frequent contact with other departments regarding customer related questions.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the associate is expected to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable associate accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis. While performing duties the associate is required to sit, talk, hear, lift up to 20 lbs., and may be required to work evenings and/or weekends, attend remote meetings and/or to travel. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way should be construed as a contract for employment. These job duties may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.