At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Law Clerk, we’ll count on you to:
• Perform research assignments under the direct supervision of an attorney.
• Analyze state statutes and write legal memoranda.
• Prepare draft documents regarding a variety of legal issues with a primary focus on the engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services industry.
• Assist attorneys in preparing for meetings, training sessions and other matters.
• Perform other duties as needed.
This internship is for Summer 2021.
This position is subject to not being filled or start dates cancelled due to escalating health situations or business-related changes.
• Candidate must be a current first or second year law student.
• Attention to detail and strong organization skills.
• Must possess excellent problem-solving, legal research and writing, and communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office skills.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture.
• Top 33% of their law school class.
• 1 year(s) experience in computer applications. Working experience with internet based legal research technology and state statutes analysis.
• Previous experience in the engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services industry.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze legal issues.
• Advanced communication skills. Candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.