At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for an Accounting & Finance Intern to work with Internal Audit, Accounting, Finance, and/or Mergers & Acquisitions. The internship may involve participation in multiple disciplines within the finance and accounting departments, working closely with leaders in each to complete projects.
Projects and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the documentation of accounting processes and internal controls
- Testing internal controls, documenting results, and communicating conclusions
- Assessing compliance with HDR, Inc. policies and procedures
- Research and discussion of professional accounting literature
- Performing special projects to support management decision-making
- Modeling financial data
- Budgeting analysis
- Development of tools to project financial results
- Working within HDR’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Leveraging Question and Answer sessions with Accounting and Finance leadership to network and build understanding of the business
- End-of-internship presentation with Accounting and Finance leadership to provide a synopsis of projects completed
- Participating in a team environment and developing strong communication skills
This internship is for Summer 2021
This position is subject to not being filled or start dates cancelled due to escalating health situations or business-related changes.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate accounting, finance or closely related program during the summer of 2021
- Must have 2+ years completed towards a degree with a 3.0 GPA
- Attention to detail.
- Must possess strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software packages related to field of study/industry
- Preference given to local candidates.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.