We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is a dynamic, employee-owned consulting firm of more than 400 employees providing a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, scientific, and allied services throughout the USA. We were #18 in the multidiscipline category in the Zweig Group Best Firms to Work For. Our internship program was rated #36 among the 100 best internships in the US, #25 for best internship for compensation & benefits, and #9 for the best tech and engineering internships. Check out our rankings HERE.
Hanson is seeking candidates for our 2021 internship programs. We have potential opportunities in locations including but not limited to the following: Texas (various cities), Florida (various cities), Seattle, Kansas City, Chicago, Peoria, St. Louis, and Indianapolis, as well as our corporate headquarters in Springfield, Illinois.
General Assignments: Interns will perform routine engineering tasks using standard procedures under supervision of a Registered Professional Engineer and may assist Hanson engineers, designers and technicians in disciplines related to their field of study.
Interns will typically support one or more experienced engineers in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as experience the day-to-day workings of engineering. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which help them build a strong network within the Hanson community and with fellow interns. Internships may require travel to suppliers, customers, or other Hanson locations.
Key Responsibilities: Engineering interns will be expected to perform the following key responsibilities with assistance from a Hanson professional engineer:
1. Preparing plans, designs, specifications, and cost estimates;
2. Gathering and/or providing data for the preparation of engineering or environmental reports and studies;
3. Performing and/or reviewing calculations or reports such as those related to surveying, transportation engineering, soil capacities and quantities;
4. Utilize engineering software packages such as Microstation and/or Geopak:
5. Conducting field investigations and/or survey assistance in order to gather information;
6. Documenting and/or observing construction operations; and
7. Performing related duties such as writing memoranda, letters or general reports; collecting and correlating engineering data; maintaining records; attending meetings; and operating technical equipment.
Qualifications: Key requirements are listed but not limited to the following:
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Valid driver’s license
Intern must be actively enrolled in a technical field of study such as Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural, or Geotechnical. The ideal candidate will have successfully completed their sophomore year and be actively enrolled in an accredited 4 year college or university.
Follow Hanson Professional Services Inc. on LinkedIn, Facebook, and/or Twitter to receive notifications when we post new job openings.
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS