Accounting and Office Clerk (full time)
H. T. Harvey & Associates, an ecological consulting firm based in Northern California with five offices in California and Hawaii. We are looking for an entry-level accounting and office clerk for a full-time position in the operations group in our San Francisco Bay Area headquarters office (Los Gatos, Santa Clara County). The H. T. Harvey & Associates operations group provides business, accounting, finance, administrative, marketing, Geographic Information Systems, and IT support to the company’s ecologists and landscape architects and designers.
What you’ll do
As a member of the accounting team in the operations group, you’ll assist accounting staff with accounting tasks—primarily client billing and client receipts. You’ll also help the administrative team with project file management and general office activities. This is a non-exempt position to be performed M-F during regular business hours.
During current COVID-19 conditions most of the duties can be performed remotely, but the position may require visits to the office a few times a week, as well as other in-person tasks critical to company operations. The position will transition to in-office full time in the future.
Training and skills
- Excellence in math and comfort with numbers
- B.S. or B.A. degree—ideally in accounting, finance, or business*
- Basic bookkeeping and expense tracking
- Familiarity with accounting software or other cross-relational databases
- Accurate and rapid keyboarding skills
*Applicants having a high school diploma combined with 1-2 years of directly relevant experience will be considered.
- Eagle eye for detail (with numbers and words)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Drive to follow guidelines and procedures thoroughly and consistently
- Proactive and persistent approach to getting information needed to complete a task
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability
Any of the following would be a great plus!
- Other types of office software experience (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Interest in and awareness of the natural world and science
A valid clean California driver’s license is required for this position.
How to apply
Please send us your resume and a complete cover letter that addresses the following:
(1) Your greatest strength as an employee
(2) Your favorite place to spend time, near or far
(3) Anything else you’d like us to know about you that isn’t reflected in your resume
Note: Please combine your resume and cover letter into one file. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.