Our software engineering internship is a 10-week experience that blends learning with impact. Our interns are embedded directly into our engineering teams, contributing immediately to impactful projects and constantly learning.
You’ll influence the initial specs for the feature, build/modify the backend APIs (mostly Rails), write the front-end code that consumes said APIs (mostly React), and be responsible for ongoing improvements once the feature is deployed.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Own what you build as you architect, build, test, and refine the Gusto platform
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our code base, using our development workflow
- Work with our product and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Be surrounded by teammates who are doing the best work of their lives and loving every moment of it
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Students pursuing a BS and/or MS degree in computer science or related technical field with an expected graduation date in December 2021, or later
- Passion for creating memorable experiences for customers, regardless of which part of the stack you work in
- Interest in technologies such as React, Redux, Ruby, Rails, and GraphQL
- Appreciation for an iterative, test-driven, code review culture
- A drive to create well-structured and maintainable code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- U.S. work authorization is required. This role is not available for sponsorship.
Learn more about the team:
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Applications due by 11:59pm PT on Sunday, October 25, 2020