Greencove Capital Partners Overview (www.GreencoveCapitalPartners.com)
Greencove Capital Partners is a team of entrepreneurs with success investing in, operating, and growing private companies. We seek to identify, acquire and operate an existing private company with an initial enterprise value between $10.0 -$40.0 million. We are funded by over 20 seasoned entrepreneurs, executives and investors. The Managing Partner at Greencove Capital is a graduate of Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth and has a background in strategy consulting at McKinsey & Company, middle-market banking at BAML, and military experience as a Logistics Officer in the United States Marine Corps.
Description of Analyst Role The internship will involve a hands-on learning experience with many of the core activities involved in running a private equity firms’ sourcing and deal process. An Analyst should expect to develop a fundamental knowledge of the process by which middle-market companies are sourced and acquired. Analysts will gain a working understanding of the industry participants involved in middle-market transactions and the motivating factors driving their behavior.
Details of Analyst Role
· Research and identify attractive industries based on Greencove Capital Partners’ investment criteria
· Develop investment theses and an understanding of business models for selected industries
· Production of emails/letters for targeted small businesses
· Review of confidential information on potential acquisitions; Business opportunity modeling
· Participation in phone calls with investment bankers and small business owners
· Significant mentorship from GCP’s Managing Partner and weekly meetings to discuss progress
· Pay / Sponsorship: Unpaid internship
· Hours per Week: 10+ hours per week
· Duration: 10-week minimum (extensions possible)
Who Should Apply
· Highly motivated candidates who have a strong and proven interest in the fields of private equity, entrepreneurship and finance or candidates with an interest in researching business models within a targeted industry (Healthcare, Industrials, etc).
· Candidates who have a nature curiosity for how businesses work, a tenacious attitude towards research, are resourceful and have the ability to think independently.
· Applicants should be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree but any major can apply.
· (Optional) Candidates with a working knowledge of Python and a desire to self-teach web-scraping methods for industry research
– Applicants will be screened and some will be invited to a group Q&A session
– Applications will then do an assignment and present it to the Managing Partner. The assignment will require the applicant to evaluate and select industries with a compelling investment thesis
– References will then be called before offers are sent. 3-5 Interns will be selected to work directly with the Founder on all aspects of sourcing and acquisition. (This internship is remote)