This position is full-time at 40 hours per week. Flexible hours will be assumed. Performs all receptionist duties and office clerical tasks. Assists Manager as needed with FRI and DSI administrative tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approximately 70% of the time:
- Performing computer functions related to client payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, processing checks for the representative payee program, word processing, desktop publishing, and all monthly MCO/IRIS/DVR invoicing.
- Approximately 15% of the time:
- Ensuring that all accounting functions including cash receipts, cash disbursements, accounts payable, accounts receivable and monthly balancing/reconciling all FRI and DSI accounts are done accurately and on time.
- Approximately 10% of the time:
- Performing all receptionist duties including answering the phone and disseminating information, sorting the mail, scheduling specialized transportation trips, reconciling consumer spending ledgers.
- Approximately 5% of the time:
- Attending general staffings
- Creating/editing forms
- Ordering office supplies
- Coding vouchers
- Generating reports, filing month-end reports
- Calculating and reporting consumer wages to SSA
- Completing quarterly and year-end tax reporting requirements
- Scheduling and preparing for year-end FRI and DSI audits
- Assisting client in daily living needs
- Complete Form 1099 as needed for corn suppliers
- Processing year-end W-2’s for all FRI employees, ensuring all state and federal reporting is completed accurately and on time
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Skill in the use of general office equipment including but not limited to: computer terminal, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and telephone.
EDUCATION: High school graduate with some technical education in bookkeeping, office technology, and word processing.
EXPERIENCE / JOB KNOWLEDGE:
Working knowledge of the following software programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, ABS Traverse Accounting Software, Desktop Publishing, RPM, Windows, Explorer, and Outlook. The ability to provide first aid and CPR when supervising client activities (training will be provided). Basic everyday living skills are necessary for this position, as well as, the ability to understand and follow directions. The ability to type 60 wpm. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals with developmental disabilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Over 75% of the time requires sitting, feeling, hearing, and near vision. Approximately 50% is talking. About 25% is bending/twisting, and reaching. Roughly 10% is standing, walking, stooping, and lifting or carrying objects less than 10 pounds. In unusual situations: running, grappling, climbing, far vision, carrying supplies 20 to 40 lbs., pushing/pulling objects from 10 to 60 pounds.
ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Over 75% of the time is spent inside a heated and air conditioned building. In unusual situations are working outside under hot or cold temperatures, noise, avoiding physical attack from clients, and atmospheric conditions of odors and dust.
This is a public service position, and employee is required to be courteous, cooperative and respectful at all times with the public and clients; also establishes and maintains a courteous and cooperative and respectful working relationship with other employees, supervisors and public officials.
This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions and needed skills. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions. This description is not intended to limit or modify the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The county retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from, any section of this document as it deems, in its’ judgment, to be proper.
Green Lake County provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Green Lake County complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Green Lake County has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.