Performs receptionist duties for the Health & Human Services Department, intake registration, keyboarding, data entry, clerical tasks such as maintaining records; and other work as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers telephones and responds to public request for information and referral.
- Performs client intake functions, financial meetings, scheduling, and data entry. This would include face-to-face contacts with the general public to obtain this information.
- Completes other clerical duties as needed. These include, but are not limited to: opening and distributing mail daily, scanning, typing as requested, data entry, copying and providing general information to the public. This time also includes attending in-services and training in areas of expertise.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skill in the use of general office equipment, including but not limited to, Computer terminal, calculator, copy machine, and fax machine
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize work
- Performs job duties with actions that display criterial thinking, responsibility, maturity, diplomacy and attention to detail.
- Shows respect to others opinions and considers other options.
EDUCATION: A high school diploma is required for this position.
EXPERIENCE / JOB KNOWLEDGE: One to two years’ experience as a receptionist. Ability to input data at 50 wpm. It is important to present a professional demeanor and have excellent telephone/customer relations’ skills. Knowledge of human service programs and office procedures preferred. Must have basic everyday living skills, basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software, the ability to follow complex oral and written directions, good knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment of business, arithmetic and English, ability to type at a reasonable rate of speed, and have specific knowledge of clerical and accounting practices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Over 75% of the time is spent talking, hearing (listening), using near vision, and keyboarding. About 10% of the time is spent standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending/twisting, reaching, and the use of far vision. In unusual situations there may be low lifting (up to 10 pounds), low to medium carrying (up to 40 pounds), low handling and low pushing and pulling.
Management’s assignment of essential functions is not designed to limit the manner in which duties may be accomplished. Management shall comply with all applicable workplace laws and shall communicate with any employee with a disability to determine the availability of a reasonable accommodation(s) to allow the employee to perform the essential functions of the job.
ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Nearly 100% of the work is done inside the Human Services Center building. In unusual situations there may be a threat of physical attack or injury from clients.
This is a public service position, and employee is required to be courteous, cooperative and respectful at all times with the public and clients; also establishes and maintains a courteous and cooperative and respectful working relationship with other employees, supervisors and public officials.
This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions and needed skills. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions. This description is not intended to limit or modify the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The county retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from, any section of this document as it deems, in its’ judgment, to be proper.
Green Lake County provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Green Lake County complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Green Lake County has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.