This position is full-time at 35 hours per week. Flexible hours (including possible evening and/or weekend shifts) will be assumed. Provides client educational training, supervision and ongoing support in a variety of program areas, as needed, to individuals who are chronically mentally ill or have varying degrees of physical and/or developmental disabilities. The areas of consumer instruction/supervision may be at community job sites, center or community based prevocational service sites, center or community based day services sites, and supportive home care services sites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- About 70% of time is spent providing training and supervising Fox River Industries consumers in the areas of adult day services, prevocational services, supported employment settings, and supportive home care sites.
- Approximately 15% of the time may be driving a morning and afternoon van/bus routes.
- Providing clients with assistance for toileting and hygienic needs consumes about 5% of time. This includes transferring clients in and out of wheelchairs and/or other special equipment.
- 5% of time is utilized maintaining records and charting associated with client behaviors, goals, time studies, and other objectives.
- 5% of time is spent in unit staff meetings, training, information sharing, and special projects.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Chrome.
- Skill in the use of a calculator, copy machine, computer terminal, fax machine, technical equipment, camera, and measuring devices. Various types of client lifting/ transferring equipment is used (ie wheelchair, prone stander, ceiling lift, and lifts on vehicles). Hand tools: hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, shovels, brooms, stopwatch, pallet jack, etc. Food preparation equipment: ovens, food warmers, dishwashers, and mixers, etc. Hearing and eye protection are required. Gloves/PPE are to be used as needed.
- Must have a current, valid Wisconsin driver’s license, a safe driving record, and auto insurance coverage at or above the Green Lake County mandated level.
- Must be CPR and first aid certified or certifiable (training will be provided).
- Must have CNA license or be willing/able to acquire one in first 90 days of employment or as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Basic everyday living skills training is necessary for this position.
- Ability to understand and follow directions, and to read, write, add, and subtract.
- Ability to show empathy, treat all individuals with dignity and respect, and communicate effectively with individuals of all ability levels.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE / JOB KNOWLEDGE: Experience and/or training in working with the developmentally disabled population is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: About 70% of the time is spent standing, bending/twisting (to transfer clients), walking, and reaching. About 25% of the time is spent sitting (record keeping, case notes, timecards, driving routes). In unusual situations, stopping, kneeling, crouching, running, swimming, climbing, and pushing/pulling objects weighing 50-80 lbs will be required.
ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Over 75% of time is spent inside a building. 10% of time, more or less, is spent outside supporting clients where temperatures fluctuate between hot and cold, wet and humid conditions. An additional 10% of time is used in providing personal care to clients involving exposure to blood and body fluids; and the possibility of physical attack or injury from a client can occur. In unusual situations, the aide is exposed to high noise levels, odors, dust, and poor ventilation due to workshop activities, and community based job sites.
This is a public service position, and employee is required to be courteous, cooperative and respectful at all times with the public and clients; also establishes and maintains a courteous and cooperative and respectful working relationship with other employees, supervisors and public officials.
This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions and needed skills. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions. This description is not intended to limit or modify the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. The county retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from, any section of this document as it deems, in its’ judgment, to be proper
Green Lake County provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Green Lake County complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Green Lake County has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.