IT Software Development Internships
Our largest department, Information Technology, is now hiring for IT Interns in our South Sioux City, Nebraska, office.
To be successful in our IT internships you will be:
- Enrolled and actively attending an accredited college or university working towards a degree in an IT-related field.
- Highly motivated with strong customer service and communication skills.
- A self-starter who is eager to learn new tools and contribute to business projects.
- Able to follow direction, work independently, and work as a collaborative team member.
Software Developer Intern (2 Openings)
We currently have two openings for Software Developer Interns. The start dates for both positions will be Spring 2021.
In order to gain the best experience possible, we need our Software Developer Interns to work full time during the summer and recommend he/she continue to work part-time during the school year. Here are some things you will be doing:
- Hands-on work with leading edge technology on real projects that have a direct impact on the business
- Write code that will actually be utilized by our organization
- Work in an agile environment as part of a team who is willing to help guide and support your projects and learning
- Provided the opportunity to work directly with the business owners (c-suite)
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America’s largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Why intern with us?
We offer you a challenging internship with competitive compensation and other benefits including:
- A 37.5 hour work week.
- $16 per hour compensation.
- Assistance with securing affordable housing. A stipend is available for those who qualify.
- Individualized guidance from a mentor with whom you are paired.
- The opportunity to serve on committees that work on company and community projects.
Great West Casualty Company