The ideal individual in this position is self-motivated, organized, and has a great work ethic and attitude. The position would involve all aspects of field production in the nursery, referencing tree container sizes of 7 gallon & 15 gallon. To care for and maintain high quality trees and prepare the trees for sale.
Regular responsibilities include:
· Manage and maintain a high-quality nursery area
· Keeping Bag-in-Pot beds stocked and in order
· Maintain diligent inventory counts of plant material
· Watering & Maintain irrigation system
· Pest scouting & management
· Lead nursery crew
· Regularly lifting of 50 or more pounds
· Operating equipment (tractors, skid steers, mowers)
· Product installation
Skills & qualities:
· Plant knowledge – Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Forestry or related field preferred
· Ability to manage time effectively
· Extremely organized and detail-oriented
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage time & crew effectively
We offer a flexible schedule and casual atmosphere, advanced training & educational opportunities and potential to have strong role in the future growth and development of the company.
You must perform so that we have total faith in your abilities, we are able to trust, rely and depend on you to take ownership of the position and its responsibilities.
This is a full-time position with benefits including paid holidays, sick & vacation. Health & Dental insurance. Retirement 401K matching (after 1 year).