KOTA & KEVN is looking an Anchor/Reporter for our top rated morning show, Good Morning KOTA Territory. The right candidate will not only love local news, but have a positive attitude, a hard work ethic, excel at writing for both broadcast and digital platforms, and be a team player. Applicant should also bring professionalism and enthusiasm into the workplace. This position also requires broadcast producing. College degree in journalism or related field is required. Please apply online and be sure to attach your resume and links to your most recent work which showcases broadcast and digital abilities.
– Anchor morning newscasts
– Report in the field, live shots, breaking news, etc…
– Answer phones and make calls to confirm information.
– Listen to scanners, read over press releases, research stories, call and set up interviews.
– Ability to plan and manage available resources to help cover news.
– Write for digital and social media platforms.
– Occasionally fill in as a broadcast producer.
– Use editorial judgement to determine content of local newscasts.
– Use social media to engage with community and help generate contacts and story ideas.
– Post daily to all digital platforms and social media including attaching images and streaming video.
– Interview subjects and research facts for credibility.
– Collaborate with news managers, producers and reporters for content and newscast development.
– Edit video and stories for broadcast.
– College degree/bachelors degree required.
– must be a strong writer with solid news judgement.
Send cover letter, resume and demo reel to: