GrasshoppHer Social Media Intern – Job Description
What is GrashoppHer? GrasshoppHer is a mentorship app that brings forward-thinking women together to inspire, coach and give each other a leg up. By challenging the antiquated silos of mentorship programs, and providing better access to a community of mentors, GrasshoppHer is disrupting status quo and enabling women girls and women alike to achieve more, together. Check us out at www.grasshoppher.com.
What Is Your Job? This is HUGE opportunity to help a mentorship start up business build their social media strategy. The Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing GrasshoppHer’s social media presence and for working across key social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. The successful candidate will work closely with GrashoppHer’s Founder and CEO to define GrasshoppHer’s digital communications and will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand.
Is This Paid? This is an unpaid internship, but the benefits are unparalleled. You will learn everything about starting a business, gain experience in digital marketing and be exposed to top mentors in various industries. Plus, this will look AMAZING on your resume.
Who Are You Reporting To? Heather Miller, Founder & CEO
What Are Your Key Duties? GrasshoppHer wants you to be our social media guru. We want you to manage our social media with a sense of humor and style and get people excited about mentorship.
1. Social Media Community Management
a) Posting on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter regularly (both job- and industry-related); (under supervision from Founder & CEO)
b) Assist with streamlining GrasshoppHer’s social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice
c) Increase the number of followers by following and engaging with users
d) Monitoring and replying to social media
e) Posting updates to the Company LinkedIn account (initially under supervision from a Director)
f) Use LinkedIn polls and surveys to build our social media footprint and reputation
g) Build ‘likes’ by approaching potential clients and collaborators through other social media channels and email marketing campaigns
h) Work with Founder & CEO to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g. uploading photos to Insta, videos to YouTube, etc)
2) Coordinating and Distributing Content
a) Scheduling and coordinating a monthly brainstorming meeting with team to establish content ideas for the month ahead, and to plan for a monthly social media, editorial, marketing and blogging calendar
b) Maintain a monthly social media calendar, and ensure that everyone is meeting their deadlines
c) Help coordinate a guest social media program. Help to amplify this content through other social media channels.
d) Drive awareness of our new posts by posting the articles into forums and groups
e) Flagging and aggregating interesting content to re-post
f) Repurpose content from other sources for our own social media channels (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel)
g) Push out GrasshoppHer content for syndication using tools like Hootsuite
What Are We Looking For?
· Proven written and verbal communication skills, and a passion for writing content
· An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management
· Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Instagram, Twitter and Facebook)
· An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work
· An entrepreneurial attitude
· Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn
· A proactive, service-focused attitude towards social media users and the team you support
· An ability to remain calm under pressure and a robust/resilient attitude towards challenge
· The ability to work collaboratively with a team
· Collaborative; anticipates impact on others; listens to gain complete understanding; sensitive to views and feelings of others
· Builds relationships internally and externally; keeps all stakeholders involved
· Is assured and poised across all relationships
· Gladly assists others
· Writes clearly and with excellent grammar; can articulate thoughts and emotions succinctly and effectively; can tailor communication style for different audiences (and social media channels); uses appropriate punctuation
· Resilient and positive about change; accepts and takes responsibility for personal development; maintains a ‘can do’ attitude; shows a persistent effort to succeed; enthusiastic, has a positive outlook; constructive and open minded
· Multi-tasking Able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks at once; plans ahead so that required tasks get completed; can effectively manage the expectations of colleagues; completes tasks without being reminded; always looks to go the extra mile
· Specialist Knowledge Well informed and passionate about their job and social media; actively seeks development opportunities and owns responsibility for personal development; learns quickly; transfers skills and knowledge to others
Are You Interested?
If so, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you think you would be good for the internship. Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn to show us examples of your style.