Under general supervision, this position is responsible for coordination, review and consolidation of management reports and monthly financial packages for our internal customers.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Review reports prepared by Financial Reporting, JV/Consolidations or General Accounting to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare or obtain from the responsible department or staff, timely reports for inclusion in various reporting packages.
- Coordinate the monthly review, comment and distribution process of the various reporting packages.
- Ensure management reports and monthly financial packages are completed in a timely manner for distribution to business units to ensure accuracy and deadlines are met.
- Test newly developed reports to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Consult with customers on recommendations for improvement or additional analysis to ensure all reporting needs are met.
- Cross train in other Financial Reporting and JV/Consolidations functions to provide backup when needed.
- Work with Financial Reporting Group in analyzing company performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in Budget/Finance, Financial Reporting or Accounting.
- Increasingly responsible experience in budgetary analysis and/or complex accounting procedures.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ability to work with and manage a high level of detailed information.
- Ability to research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation.
- Accurately perform complex mathematical computations.
- Set priorities and organize work to meet strict deadlines.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Work cooperatively as a team member to accomplish group objectives.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal customer base.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the company, from entry level employees to executive management.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Advanced computer skills required (Excel, Word, Access, Adobe Professional; COGNOS a plus).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.