Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Internship Program Overview
The Grainger Inside Sales internship program is based in San Antonio, Texas. Our program provides a holistic experience that exposes our interns to project management, opportunities for learning sessions with our Executive Leadership team, professional development sessions, and cross functional team building. Interns will receive performance reviews from their manager, which is a great opportunity to learn and grow your skillsets. At the end of the program, the intern will also provide a final presentation to their department leadership team about their project and recommendations for the future.
We believe our internship program is a great experience and an amazing opportunity for students to learn, grow, network and have fun! Grainger also places a strong emphasis on recruiting top internship talent for full time opportunities where available.
- Onboarding: Program interns will go through a comprehensive onboarding process, and participate in structured development sessions.
- Skillset Development: Receive on-going coaching to enhance communication, leadership, presentation, and selling skillsets.
- Leadership Exposure: Meet with executive leaders to learn about different areas of the business.
- Mentorship: Throughout the program, interns receive direct feedback from a peer-mentor, their manager to help them in their professional development.
- Network: Interns will be able to grow their network and build positive working relationships.
- Have Fun: Participate in company lunch and learns, attend social events with your fellow intern colleagues, and more.
- Good communication skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Preferred educational background in Sales, Business, Marketing or related field
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.