W.W. Grainger, Inc. is a business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) supplies. At Grainger, we’re committed to our purpose – We Keep the World Working. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies list. Grainger employs nearly 25,000 team members across the globe.
Grainger’s Human Resources Internship provides a unique opportunity to gain broad exposure across Human Resources. The internship will offer opportunities to work with data and influence key stakeholders across the organization. We are looking for self-motivated interns to join our outstanding team.
- Partner with key stakeholders and leaders across the organization
- Prepare various reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing research
- Complete HR related projects to directly support the department and broader organization
- Support various initiatives including but not limited to the following: Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Organizational Effectiveness, Team Member Experience, HR Shared Services, HR Generalist, and others
- Provide recommendations for process improvement
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Psychology, or a related field
- Prior internship experience or work experience in a related field preferred
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Human Resource disciplines
- Proficiency in systems including the following software: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Possesses effective interpersonal skills and executive presence
- Ability to partner with leaders and stakeholders across the organization
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.