At Grainger, we’re committed to our purpose – We Keep the World Working. Grainger is a leading global supplier of maintenance, repair, and operational supplies, providing services and solutions for every industry. Our 25,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways; focusing on delivering the highest level of service leveraging the most innovative solutions. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies list.
- Please note this position is for University Recruitment and is specifically for college students graduating between Winter 2020 – Spring 2021.
- Determine, prepare and present the appropriate “Grainger Value Proposition” to each account and review how Grainger can add value and help with each account’s purchasing needs.
- Create a territory plan that optimizes call routes, maximizes time in the field and ensures you are delivering and executing a sales plan that meets or exceeds stated performance targets.
- Consistently maintain account and customer contact and record follow up details in Grainger’s Customer Relationship Management.
- Consistently take a proactive approach to driving sales with each account while utilizing a wide array of available communication channels in order maximize their purchasing with Grainger through all of Grainger’s sales / service channels.
- Establish and/or extend current relationships with customers in a productive and mutually beneficial manner.
- Timely and responsive to customers’ real-time needs.
- Expected college graduation between Winter 2020 – Spring 2021.
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- No visa sponsorships provided now or in the future.
- Some experience in customer service or sales helpful but not required.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- High integrity in all business dealings.
- Strong time management, planning / prioritizing and organizational skills.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel and have occasional overnights (dependent on territory).
All candidates must demonstrate ability to:
- Meet and exceed target goals.
- Achieve or exceed targeted behaviors around daily calls, customer facing minutes, etc.
- Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion when interacting with all accounts and determining product and service offerings.
- Effectively use quantitative skills to report accurate information on overall results of customer interactions.
- Work in a highly collaborative organization with a variety of teams and partners to better serve customer needs.
- Understand buying decisions, buying processes and cash flow dynamics of aligned customers.
- Understand and use basic selling techniques: open, probe, presentation, overcoming objections.
- Identify opportunities, negotiate and manage sales; manage business needs and cost requirements.
- Understand, apply and synthesize data/information regarding customers and account package.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.