W.W. Grainger, Inc. is a business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) supplies, and other related products and services. At Grainger, we’re committed to our purpose – We Keep the World Working. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies list. Grainger employs nearly 25,000 team members across the globe.
The primary role of Grainger’s Corporate Communications internship is to support the Corporate Communications and Investor Relations team in building and executing strategies to protect and enhance company reputation with key internal and external stakeholders. Depending on the scope of specific summer projects, an intern will have the opportunity to learn about and support various functions across the department such as Media Relations, Internal Communications, Investor Relations, Corporate Social Responsibility, while offering the ability to work cross-functionally with other areas of the business.
Grainger’s Summer Internship Program is an opportunity to further explore your career options while simultaneously gaining intensive, hands-on experience. As an intern, you will be part of a structured experience that combines learning about our business, contributing to the department, and having fun!
- Work with other Corporate Communications team members to execute strategic communication plans.
- Produce a variety of work that supports communications initiatives ranging from communication plans, biographies, newsletter articles, blogs, and press releases, messaging documents, facts sheets, videos, podcasts, social media responses and more.
- Intern will be able to learn and utilize industry specific skills including business writing, public speaking, media pitching, editorial interviewing, client management, video and audio podcast editing, etc.
- Intern will be given the opportunity to work on a specific project that will extend the length of the internship and will enhance the department’s productivity – past examples include analyzing and enhancing the Grainger Press Room and researching and developing a plan to execute more collaborative communications among global team members.
- Candidate must be pursuing a degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- Strong academic record with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Prior communications-related experience or internship preferred.
- Intermediate level of expertise in MS Office is required.
- Knowledge of video/audio editing software, as well as social media sites including LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Expected graduation between December 2021 and June 2022
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.