Join a dynamic team, learn about logistics, obtain great experience and get paid, while going to school!
- Are you looking to add some valuable business experience to your resume?
- Are you a college student contemplating a gap year due to COVID-19?
- Are you interested in an opportunity to learn some basic Accounting and bill analysis?
- Are you a college student interested in Transportation and Logistics?
- Are you a job seeker looking for an internship in the nonprofit space?
If you are an energetic, bright, and dedicated person in the Omaha, NE area, we have an opportunity to leverage those attributes AND help others coping with COVID-19 challenges. This flexible internship will be partially based in our Omaha office and partially working from home.
For over 37 years, Good360 has partnered with socially responsible companies to source highly needed goods and distribute them through our network of diverse nonprofits that support people in need. We’re a growing nonprofit organization striving to build a team of volunteers to help with our mission to support communities struggling with health and economic challenged brought on by the pandemic.
Yes, you can make a difference from the safety of your home!
As an Intern you will support the Good360 Operations and Logistics team in Omaha through:
· Research and input of transportation invoices
· Review and approve outbound warehouse shipments
· Reconcile drop shipments and approve for payment
· Assist with weekly and month-end reporting
What you will get from us!
· Hands on experience directly related to accounting and auditing
· Experience working in the fields of transportation and logistics
· Joining a team of enthusiastic, smart, and impactful colleagues, all working remote in this new normal.
What we need from you!
· Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program.
· Excellent communication skills
· Attention to detail
· 8-20 hours of time weekly for the next 90-120 days (we are flexible)
· Ability to come into our office at least once a week
· Reliable access to the internet from your home if you choose to work remotely
Good360 is an impactful 501c3 that works with companies, nonprofits and individuals to make the business of giving simpler, more efficient and more effective – helping individuals affected by disasters and personal hardships. The Alexandria, Va.-based organization was created in 1983 to help companies efficiently donate slow-moving, obsolete, returned, and seasonal inventory to charitable organizations. Current corporate partners include Walmart, Amazon, Tempur Sealy, Home Depot, Nike, Disney, NFL, Bed Bath & Beyond, Mattel, and many, many others.
We have been recognized by the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy, Verizon’s Powerful Answers Awards, and Forbes for excellence, innovation and efficiency, respectively, in helping all our partners do good, better. For more information, visit www.good360.org.
Send email interest to firstname.lastname@example.org