START YOUR JOURNEY AT GM FINANCIAL’S SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
GM Financial was founded as AmeriCredit in September 1992 and opened its first branch office in Fort Worth, Texas. On October 10, 2010, AmeriCredit Corp. was acquired by General Motors Company and renamed General Motors Financial Company, Inc. (GM Financial). GM Financial is the captive auto finance company and subsidiary of General Motors and is headquartered in Fort Worth, TX. We are a global provider of auto finance solutions, with operations in North America, South America, and Asia.
GM Financial offers many unique opportunities to talented young professionals in our Summer Internship Program. As an intern at our company, you’ll gain hands-on, real-world experience alongside industry-leading professionals during the 10-week program. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in a professional environment and build a strong foundation for your future career.
We are looking for students who are ready to take on stimulating projects and gain exposure to a variety of industry initiatives. Our program offers:
- 10 weeks of work experience
- Competitive salary
- Executive and peer networking opportunities
- Independent and team project experiences
- Philanthropic activities
- Career development
- Opportunity to apply for full-time career positions
Are you interested in working in an account management role within the auto finance industry? Does learning the foundation of the business from a credit analysis perspective interest you? Are you open to traveling to observe field sales roles and dealership operations first-hand? Then we are looking for you!
We are looking for candidates for the following areas:
- Sales & Credit Operations
- Must be a current student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Business Administration or related field with at least one semester remaining upon start of the internship. Sales and/or Finance focus a plus
- Must possess a minimum of a 3.0 (out of a 4 point scale) overall GPA
- Junior or Senior classification preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. This incumbent will be required to give presentations and communicate with business leaders while representing themselves with the utmost professionalism
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills required
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently or in a team setting
- Previous internships or part-time work experience a plus
- Must be able to commit to work 40 hours for 10 consecutive weeks during the summer (First week of June through 2nd week in August)
- Must participate in all GMF sponsored events for interns
- Internship will be based out of Fort Worth/Arlington, Texas. Some travel could be required to an out of state credit center, field sales shadows, and dealership observation. Temporary housing/hotels will be provided.
GM Financial does not provide sponsorship for a work visa status for this position. If you are interested in any of the areas listed above, please apply here!