Qualifications / Requirements
We are seeking a UI/UX designer who behaves like a magician/wizard. When they wave their wand on any of our interfaces… it immediately delights us and the clients. The UI/UX designers will be creative, passionate, and driven, can be starting off in their career or has a ton of experience to join our growing team. The ideal candidate(s) has what it takes to intuitively solve problems, design mockups/workflows, cut down complex problems and will bring their thorough attention to detail helping our team improve the platform. Everything the designer touches will delight our teammates and clients.
What the UI/UX Designer does every day:
- Interact with C-Level executives
- Work directly with our tech, business and product team
- Be the Designer, UX researcher and occasionally even the engineer or developer to help our product team
- Seek out poor and complex workflows/designs/interfaces and redesign them. Make your mark as our go to designer and customer delightness.
- Continue learning and striving to know everything inside and out about the product and technology and how it impacts the end user experience
- Collaborate with engineers, business folks and product to create intuitive, user-friendly interfaces.
You should apply if you meet or exceed the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- You thrive on feedback and challenges. Specifically, you welcome creative and technical feedback and can design MVPs in phases and a fully flushed out product.
- 2+ years of UI/UX design work experience, preferably including technical products for both technical and non-technical users (IT, software engineers, developers, etc.).
- Experience creating wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes. And taking wireframes from paper to a high fidelity prototype on Photoshop or Illustrator
- Ability to design, engineer and build a website from scratch or be comfortable editing a CMS like WordPress
- Experience in information design and data visualization, with a demonstrated ability to clearly express complex information.
- Experience or interest in performing user research, user mapping, and presenting results.
- Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions. And on occasions, you make great gut design decisions without the data.
You should seriously consider applying if any of the following applies to you:
- You know Bootstrap and the nuances of developing a website
- When confronted with 2 great designs, you can articulate the differences and know (or have strong opinions) which one is better
- When it makes sense, your idea of fun involves ensuring websites and designs are pixel perfect
- You look at a marketing asset and can see alignment issues with the margins or padding
- You have an interest and passion in volunteering and community engagement issues
This position might not be for you if you:
- Don’t like working on or juggling multiple projects at once
- Would rather reach a pixel perfect solution before revealing your ideas to the team
- Work better in structured environments and have trouble with ambiguity and uncertainty
DOE ($50,000 – $90,000 a year). We offer competitive pay / equity / benefits and other perks. Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the GivePulse team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. Most importantly you will be building a platform to empower millions of users to engage in the community and activating thousands of nonprofits (your local food pantry or animal center), social impact organizations (your local advocacy group), businesses (Fortune 500s and small businesses), universities (Ivy Leagues and Flag Ship) and cities (like Austin).