The George E. Booth Co., Inc is a family-owned and operated industrial automation sales company looking to hire their next full-time Territory Account Manager in the Eastern Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky and surrounding region.
The George E. Booth Co., Inc. is a major distributor of process instrumentation products and related services to customers in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and Tennessee. Founded in 1963, George E. Booth Sr. recognized that there would be a natural evolution in the development of products for the industrial instrumentation process field.
The ideal candidate will have abilities to interface with customers to fully develop an understanding of customer needs and maintain open channels of communication with both internal and external partners to ensure all customer needs are met. Regular travel to local territory will be required during normal business hours. A clean driving record required. Ability to travel throughout the United States, as needed. This role comes with a competitive compensation plan and as well as excellent benefits. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Responsibilities for the Territory Account Manager
- Responsibility to locate and develop new business opportunities within a territory for each of the company’s product segments and negotiate commercial terms with customer(s)
- Communication with all current and potential customers on a regular basis and oversee all sales activity within the assigned territory
- Ability to report on all sales activity, via Salesforce and manage business through that technical platform
- Requires frequent communication with inside support for all cost, quality and shipping/receiving, includes interaction with principal representatives in the territory
- Ability to manage workload and respond to customers in a timely manner, including follow-up contact for potential leads
- Manage personal expenses for submission to Account department for reimbursement
- Knowledge of basic outside sales principles
- Obtain a broad understanding of product segments
Requirements for the Territory Account Manager
· 4-year collegiate degree in Engineering or some other related technical field required
· 3-5 years relevant experience in selling to process control industry
· Ability to negotiate, basic contract negotiation; Basic computer skills
· Ability to present a professional image
· Must have a strong ability to self-initiate tasks and set goals
Demands for the Territory Account Manager
- Full-time, salary exempt position Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
- Overnight travel is rarely expected; daily travel throughout business hours is required
- Physical access to all customers in Lexington, Kentucky territory daily
- Exposure to fumes, airborne particles, moving parts, loud noise and vibration will occur
- Occasional exposure to a variety of extreme conditions at customer job sites