Architectural & Interior Designer(s) needed in Newport Beach, CA to work on all aspects of the interior design and architecture process, including preparation of presentation materials, schematic design, design development, design documentation, renderings and construction administration activities within an established budget, schedule, site and programmatic requirements on projects. Global project experience in hospitality, urban design, master planning, and landscape design required. Prepare preliminary design concepts and alternatives for review by management. Lead with the selection of FF&E materials, space planning and programming for design projects. Produce drawings, documentation, and design presentations including graphic sketches, renderings, graphics and selection of colors, materials, finishes and furniture. Assist design efforts and coordinate with consultants and outside vendors throughout the design process. Utilize knowledge of furniture and technology, and custom furniture and lighting solutions, finishes, materials, color selections. Independently create material palettes and inspiration image boards. Manage and complete project tasks in accordance with project schedules. Perform quality control exercises of one’s own work. Resolve complex technical and design issues, provide support to project team. Participate in client and consultant meetings and presentations.
Must have a Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Architecture, Interior Architecture, or related field, plus two (2) years of architectural and design work experience with all of the following:
(1) Experience in all phases and aspects of the interior design or architecture process including predesign, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, design documentation, FF&E specifications, and construction administration on projects;
(2) Experience with custom, creative high end design, planning; lighting; and operations knowledge;
(3) AutoCAD, Rhino, Sketchup, Bluebeam, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, adobe premiere);
(4) Utilize Revit, Dynamo, Grasshopper, and Enscape for architectural and interior design projects;
(5) Utilize of computational design for architectural case studies;
(6) Construction materials, Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E) specifications/providers/vendors, particularly applicable to hospitality, urban design, or master planning
(7) Utilize a knowledge of building codes, standards and building systems and structures; AND
(8) Utilize a knowledge of design principles and theory, color, materials, and finishes.
Must hold or be close to completion of architecture or design licensing. All experience must be acquired concurrently. Incidental telecommuting may be permitted.