About this Job
Are you someone who enjoys finding creative solutions to complex challenges? Do you love the idea of having a seat at the table in a state that is reimagining its future? Are you looking to stay in West Virginia, return home to it, or explore the Mountain State for the first time?
This position is part of Generation West Virginia’s Impact Fellowship. This program invites passionate leaders to work, live and give in West Virginia through yearlong, paid fellowships with some of the state’s most innovative employers. During the course of a year, Impact Fellows work 32 hours per week at one of our participating Host Employers for a minimum salary of $31,000 plus benefits, with competitive salary ranges varying based on experience and industry standards. Fellows spend each Friday volunteering with local nonprofits on projects that positively impact their communities.
We are now accepting applications for the 2021-2022 class of Impact Fellows. Apply by February 28, 2021 for this Impact Fellowship position with one of our participating Host Employers, McKinley Architecture and Engineering.
Junior Engineering Designer at McKinley Architecture and Engineering
In its third decade of service, McKinley Architecture and Engineering is a full-service architectural and engineering firm that designs educational, commercial/retail, industrial, warehouse, governmental and institutional buildings.
Junior Engineering Designer
Director of Engineering Services (primary)
Project Manager (secondary)
Job Description Summary:
The Engineering Designer will use AutoCAD and Revit to produce drawings for a variety of projects, and support project managers and design staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Experience/proficiency in design skills in Autodesk products and other computer-aided design software
- 2-5 years of experience working at an engineering or design firm (preferred)
- A strong technical background in a variety of different building engineering systems
- Able to ideate quickly and communicate using verbal, hand sketches, 2D computer drawings, and 3D models
Physical Demands of Position:
- Work closely with design and technical teams, including project manager, project engineers, and project architects, while supporting or leading the development of design deliverables
- Understand and apply the requirements of building codes and industry standards
- Coordinate heating and cooling load calculations
- Identify and communicate design discrepancies and make appropriate modifications or suggestions for their resolve
- Interpret architectural design drawings and produce engineering construction drawings
- Produce plans, sections, elevations, and details to convey engineering design intent
- Interface with clients, attend client interviews, assist in preparation of proposals, estimate man-hours, and use project workflow documents
- Perform other duties as assigned by direct supervisor, project manager, or member of the MKA leadership team
How to Apply
The Impact Fellowship application includes multiple components. In order to complete the application, you’ll need to:
- Answer general questions about yourself, your education background, and work experience,
- Submit a resume,
- Complete a short written response to one of two provided prompts,
- and upload a one-minute video submission.
Visit https://weimpactwv.org/jobs/ to view all of the individual job descriptions or apply now at https://generationwv.submittable.com/submit/183822/impact-fellowship-2021-application.
Submissions must be received through Submittable to be considered.