As an Actuarial Intern, you will be provided the opportunity to directly impact GEICO’s growth and profitability by working alongside other actuaries on the pricing of our insurance products in various states.
Interns will use MS Excel and SAS to analyze large data sets on a daily basis, leveraging findings to make data-driven decisions to improve our pricing. Interns will also be tasked with developing proposals and go on to present findings and recommendations to regional officers and senior management. You will subsequently be responsible for filing the pricing changes with state insurance departments, while creating and maintaining reports and monitors to ensure approved proposals are functioning as intended.
From day one, your work will have an impact, forming the basis for truly transformative solutions. If you have a passion for problem-solving and you’re interested in making a real contribution at the 2nd largest auto insurer in the United States, then a GEICO Actuarial career may be the right fit for you!
During this Summer 2021 internship, you will:
- Develop and present proposals to regional and senior management
- File rate changes with state insurance departments for approval
- Analyze state results and recommend needed changes to improve those results
- Query large datasets via SAS and organize and analyze in Excel
- Create and maintain recurring reports
- Active pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in math, economics, actuarial science, or a related major
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Candidates must be rising seniors by the start of internship (i.e. graduating in December 2021 or May 2022)
- Must be planning to sit for or already have completed an actuarial exam before end of senior year
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and some additional programming skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to live and work in the Washington DC area
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO’s highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.