Intern – Civil Engineering (Transportation Group – STL)
The Transportation Group at GBA is looking for a summer intern to support a variety of transportation projects in their Chesterfield, Missouri office. The internship will give a student the opportunity to get experience in a variety of areas within transportation while working on roadway, highway, and bridge related projects. The intern will be paired with experienced engineers in each discipline as he/she is given the opportunity to work on current projects.
- Assist with design and 3-D Modeling of roadway corridors
- Assist in quality control processes
- Follow client design standards
- Assist with design calculations
- Assist with geometric layout, plan quantity and cost estimation
- Participate in field assignments such as construction inspections
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined design team
- Engage in an active learning environment
- Pursuing BS or MS in Civil Engineering
- CAD experience is a plus
- Possess effective communication skills both written and oral
- Previous internship experience is a plus
It’s More Than Just A Job…
At GBA, we are not your average engineering firm. We are about innovative people who want to solve problems. We’re known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We strive to create remarkable solutions for a higher quality of life. And we are changing the industry by integrating the design and construction process with use of new technology.
Our people are ambitious, passionate and committed to creating high quality, imaginative projects. We’ve created an environment where we celebrate our team’s eagerness to learn and grow. From birthdays and BBQs to protecting the environment and helping families in need, GBA employees celebrate and support one another and the communities where we live, work and play. Joining our team means you’ll have rewarding opportunities that challenge and inspire you.