Intern – Architect (Life Sciences)
GBA is looking for an individual enrolled in an accredited program in the field of Architecture to join us for a Spring or Summer internship in our Lenexa, Kansas headquarters. This individual should have a desire to learn new skills as they work alongside project architects and engineers. Interns will have the opportunity to gain experience in a collaborative team environment while working on new and/or renovation projects. These project assignments may involve corporate office, pharmaceutical – clean rooms, R&D/QA labs, fleet maintenance, industrial and/or manufacturing spaces.
- Provide design support to Project Architects and other project team members
- Create and edit details specific to a project
- Assist with maintenance of project files and notes from project meetings
- Enrolled in an accredited Architecture program, junior year of study
- Ability to demonstrate good design capabilities
- AutoCAD and Revit experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Previous internship is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
It’s More Than Just A Job…
At GBA, we are not your average architectural engineering firm. We are about innovative people who want to solve problems. We’re known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We strive to create remarkable solutions for a higher quality of life. And we are changing the industry by integrating the design and construction process with use of new technology.
Our people are ambitious, passionate and committed to creating high quality, imaginative projects. We’ve created an environment where we celebrate our team’s eagerness to learn and grow. From birthdays and BBQs to protecting the environment and helping families in need, GBA employees celebrate and support one another and the communities where we live, work and play. Joining our team means you’ll have rewarding opportunities that challenge and inspire you.