Entry-Level Architect (Life Sciences)
The Architecture team at GBA is looking for a highly motivated, goal oriented individual, who is interested in learning new skills, to join us in our Lenexa, Kansas headquarters office. This individual will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment while working on new and/or renovation projects from start to finish, seeing every phase of the project. Projects include providing design, construction documents, and construction administration on a variety of building types involving corporate office, pharmaceutical – clean rooms, R&D/QA labs, fleet maintenance, industrial and manufacturing spaces.
- Apply knowledge of architectural concepts, practices, codes and procedures within the architecture industry
- Assists in the architectural design of projects from the conceptual phase through construction administration
- Create and edit Revit production drawings for pharmaceutical, industrial and manufacturing projects
- Perform field inspections, measurements & calculations
- Participate in design workshops to develop buildings style and character
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an accredited Architecture program
- At least 1 year experience; includes internship experience
- Ability to demonstrate good design capabilities
- Revit experience required
- AutoCAD experience, preferred
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Some knowledge of technical writing would be helpful
It’s More Than Just A Job…
At GBA, we are not your average architecture & engineering firm. We are about innovative people who want to solve problems. We’re known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We strive to create remarkable solutions for a higher quality of life. And we are changing the industry by integrating the design and construction process with use of new technology.
Our people are ambitious, passionate and committed to creating high quality, imaginative projects. We’ve created an environment where we celebrate our team’s eagerness to learn and grow. From birthdays and BBQs to protecting the environment and helping families in need, GBA employees celebrate and support one another and the communities where we live, work and play. Joining our team means you’ll have rewarding opportunities that challenge and inspire you.