The Operations Intern is responsible for learning fundamentals of facility operations and logistics and commodity procurement. The key objective of this position is to learn how to safely and profitably manage a facility. This is achieved through progressive responsibility for elevator operations, customer contact, and superb facility management. Training is conducted within a “mentorship” framework necessitating a high degree of interaction with management. This training in facility management is designed to lead to individual responsibility for a specific facility or group of facilities.
- Operation and effective maintenance of the plant and machinery
- Facilitate product shipment and delivery
- Grain grading, conditioning and monitoring.
- Blending to meet customer needs and maximize profitability
- Develop and implement plant safety controls
- Crew development and training
- Develop a working knowledge of the relationship between operations and merchandising.
- Ability to work, and communicate effectively, with internal and external customers with different perspectives.
- A successful candidate must be willing and able to relocate to different parts of the country in order to continue their training and career.
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Operations, or Manufacturing related field.
- Strong organizational, communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Positive and self motivated individual.
- Willing to work in a plant environment.
- Must be willing to relocate.