Intro for all roles:
Galvanize is a dynamic learning community for technology. Our community is where people and companies with the guts and smarts to create real-world change congregate and inspire each other. Our goal is to make opportunities in technology available to all those with the aptitude, determination and drive. Across our beautifully designed urban campuses nationwide, we offer a unique combination of education, workspace and networking.
Our Data Analytics Instructors train professionals and career transitioners to solve data-analytics problems utilizing innovative educational techniques. We are looking for passionate educators and practical problem solvers with demonstrated flexibility and curiosity. Join us in building the world’s hub for education in data analytics, data science, and software engineering.
DATA ANALYTICS MENTOR (Contract)
As a Data Analytics Mentor, you will apply your experience in data analytics and instructional design to help guide the learning of beginning data analysts as they work through our part time, evening course. You will also work closely with educational and technical subject matter experts to deliver and implement high-impact, engaging and accessible learning materials for an adult learning audience. This is a temporary, contract role.
You can expect to:
- Assist students during class by answering support requests and technical questions
- Provide 1:1 support to students outside of class as needed via 1:1s, slack, and/or email
- Assist with building educational assets including assignments, technical assessments and lecture materials
- Work with subject matter experts to review and alpha test materials
- Incorporate feedback from the alpha and beta testing sessions into curriculum edits
- Support instructors with adopting new materials by creating instructor guides and train the trainer materials
- University/college degree or additional 2+ years’ equivalent experience in instructional design or educational technology.
- Bachelor’s or higher in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, statistics, or mathematics preferred; or equivalent experience
- Industry experience in a data analyst role or technical educator within the data analytics field
- Experience with designing, building, and launching training content
- Familiarity with git workflow, statistics, python, Tableau and Excel
- Experience supporting a fast-paced process development environment
- Outstanding communication, organization and prioritization skills
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE ALSO HAS:
- Classroom facilitation experience
- Strong understanding of andragogy and instructional design principles
- Experience with accessibility standards for educational design
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status