Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management, and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. Our culture is driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Are you someone looking for opportunities that will be rewarding personally, professionally, and financially? Do you have a competitive spirit and consider yourself a self-starter? Do you want to develop excellent leadership skills and build a strong network?
Our employees are fueled by teamwork, creativity, and passion. An internship at Gallagher could be the first step on a career path that offers tremendous growth potential and skills that will help you in your future endeavors.
A Snapshot of Your Summer:
- Join a Team: One of our four divisions — Gallagher Global Brokerage, Gallagher Benefit Services, Risk Placement Services, or Gallagher Bassett — will welcome you.
- Consultative Selling: Our comprehensive learning by doing experience provides you with a realistic look at what it means to be a Gallagher Sales Producer which will include shadowing our teams as they visit clients and prospects.
- Professional Development: Attend weekly mentoring sessions to help you develop skills like business etiquette, public speaking skills, and other critical qualities of a successful client service and sales professional.
- Competition: You’ll put what insights you’ve gained to the test by participating in national and regional sales competitions.
- Professional Acumen: You’ll learn about Gallagher’s Risk Management, Benefits, Wholesale and Claims businesses to build awareness of clients’ needs and opportunities for growth.
- Social Responsibility: We make it a priority to ethically serve our clientele and you’ll participate in local community service events.
- Have fun: Hopefully, you’ll make some great new friends in a summer with Gallagher and you’ll also join us for orientation at our home office.
You can find out more from our social media channels @LifeAtGallagher or #LifeAtGallagher.
- Rising sophomores and juniors with an expected graduation date between December 2021 and June 2023.
- Preferred areas of study include Risk Management & Insurance, Sales, Marketing, Communications, General Business, Management, Economics, Finance, Liberal Arts, and Social Sciences.
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States is required. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on a shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization.
- Willing to execute Gallagher’s Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality, and non-disclosure.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity/expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified persons with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.