We are currently seeking a dynamic, creative, and fast-learning Senior Analyst to join our Latin America Research team based in Washington DC. The position will focus primarily on monitoring developments affecting the business outlook in the Andean region (Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela) and the Caribbean while working closely with colleagues covering other markets in Latin America, and with our experts in different industry verticals, namely in the healthcare industry.
The Analyst will report to the Director of Research for Latin America and will be responsible for helping multinationals navigate macroeconomic and strategic challenges in the Andean region and the Caribbean. Qualified individuals with a passion for informing the decisions of senior executives in Latin America are strongly encouraged to apply. This is a unique role with significant responsibilities and opportunities to quickly gain experience with very senior global decision makers in large multinational organizations, while producing deep analysis on ongoing macroeconomic and political developments in Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, and the Caribbean.
Day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing research deliverables that are concise and impactful for a senior executive audience
- Delivering research presentations to senior executive clients in person and over the phone
- Mapping the external environment to business strategies, with an emphasis on business analysis and operational challenges
- Monitoring and analyzing economic, political, and business trends
- Forecasting macroeconomic indicators
- Developing actionable insights and frameworks to contextualize research
Qualifications & Experience
- Full professional fluency in English and Spanish (i.e., able to write, speak, and present fluently)
- A master’s degree from a well-regarded academic institution in Economics, Regional Studies, International Relations, or Business
- 2–3 years of work experience, ideally in research with a focus on Latin America (i.e., at a multinational in a strategy role, at a consulting company with business in Latin America, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of macroeconomics; business acumen is a plus
- Familiarity with both quantitative and qualitative economic analysis
- Experience in managing multiple projects for various stakeholders and working independently on tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to cover a variety of topics and issues, including unfamiliar ones
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint and Excel)
While not required, it is also preferred that he or she have the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the common issues, activities, and imperatives of a multinational executive responsible for Southern Cone region (i.e., go-to-market strategy, customer segmentation, competitive dynamics, operating environment, .)
- Strong economic modelling skills, and knowledge of statistical languages such as R or Stata
- Time spent living and working in the Andean region
- Robust interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills
- Outstanding writing skills
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- A team-oriented mindset
- Sound business acumen
Our teams are currently working remotely due to Covid-19, but this position will ultimately be based in the Washington DC office. Ideal candidates will already be located in and eligible to work in the US. To be considered, interested candidates must submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. Promising candidates will be invited to engage in a series of interviews (over the phone and by video) and a case study presentation.
FrontierView is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.