Sr. Principal Process Development Engineer (CMP)
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
The Sr. Principal Process Development Engineer (CMP) will be responsible for improving, optimizing and sustaining wafer CMP and post-planarization cleaning processes and procedures that are used to manufacture critical devices for FormFactor’s advanced MEMS probe cards
Primary job responsibilities will involve the following:
- Owner of the critical CMP, post-planarization cleaning processes and related metrology in a fast-paced, 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Work closely with both the integration teams (to develop new processes and solutions) and the operations team (to help sustain the line)
- Design and develop experiments and process improvements that lead to increase in product performance, reduce cost and increase throughput and yield.
- Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Proficient use of statistical methodology to analyze data and make recommendations to the management and integration teams
- Closely monitor process control charts and react quickly to any variations
- Work with cross-functional teams on various challenges to solve yield and other wafer-related issues
- A Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Polymer Science, or equivalent discipline. A Masters or Ph.D. degree is preferred.
- 2 years of hands-on experience with Ph.D or equivalent in a wafer-fab.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills. Expertise in statistical process control (SPC), design of experiment (DOE), and statistical methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.