Food Safety Net Services (FSNS) is the leader in food safety and testing. The FSNS national network of ISO-accredited laboratories offers an expansive scope of microbiological and chemistry testing services specific to the food processing, consumer products, and nutraceutical industries.
Prepare samples for analytical and microbiological testing of food products, ingredients, and environmentals. The role is responsible for the application of approved microbiological techniques and methodologies used in analytical testing.
- Prepare samples for indicator organisms, pathogens, and chemistries
- Apply aseptic techniques in daily workload
- Maintain media and reagents as needed for daily microbiological testing
- Inventory and report expendable supplies/materials needed for testing requirements
- Provide routine preventive maintenance by daily cleaning, sanitizing, and trash disposal
- Perform quality control monitoring by taking incubator temperatures, inoculating control organisms, running media controls, etc.
- Independently pursue an assigned series of processes, procedures, or techniques in accordance with FSNS policies/procedures and customer requirements
- Maintain laboratory condition, to include equipment, supplies, quality assurance programs, and accurate records throughout all procedures
- Perform all activities in a neat, safe, hygienic, and efficient manner
- Share information in an open, and timely manner
- Assisting with managing priorities and schedule such that individual goals as well as team goals are achieved with encouraged participation in the Food Safety Net Services Team
- Responsible for the safety of oneself and others working within their area
- Responsible for the completion of required training
- High School diploma or GED
- Associate degree in Life Science or two years of laboratory experience, preferred
- Broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of a food testing laboratory
- BS degree in Life Science or related field preferred
- Ability to travel is preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. FSNS complies with its reasonable accommodation obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other communications/computer components
- Potential exposure to odors, fumes, airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, and microbiological pathogens
- Noise level varies from quiet to loud
- Temperature varies from hot to cold
- Interactive and fast-paced team oriented tasks
- Overnight Travel is required at the discretion of management
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Color vision and depth perception