The Camp Counselor is an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who supports Fontenelle Forest’s mission to support discovery of the quiet wild of nature and inspire current and future generations to care for the natural world. The Camp Counselor facilitates nature-based day camps including spring, summer, and winter camps for campers ages 6-15 years old. Programs take place onsite at Fontenelle Forest’s properties including, but not limited to, Wetlands, Nature Center, Camp Brewster, and Neal Woods. Camp staff are the face of the Department of Education to engage visitors in exploring the natural world through guided inquiry based experiential learning. This is a seasonal position starting from March 10 to August 3, 2021.
● High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of work and education experience.
● Must be 18 years of age or older.
● Ability to manage children ages 6-15 years old both indoor and outdoor activities.
● Ability to work well as a member of a team with a diverse group of people.
● Ability to build strong working relationships with supervisor and co-workers.
● Ability to positively engage with other staff and visitors from diverse backgrounds.
● Ability to pass a background check.
● Current first-aid and CPR certified.