- Category Management Support
- Prepares weekly sales reports for distribution to GM and Operations management teams
- Analyzes sales using reporting tools (MMS, RetailIDEAS) as needed for assortment reviews, vendor reviews, internal/external presentations, test programs, and additional reporting as necessary to support sales and merchandise strategy.
- Works closely with Merchandise Control team to maintain SKU and pricing information.
- Communicates vendor/product information to Planning and Allocation team including assortment plans, and lead times.
- Assists in the assortment execution online including gathering images and proofreading copy.
- Executes purchase orders for test programs and seasonal programs.
- Responds to inquiries from field operations team regarding product assortments for existing and new retail location.
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Corresponds with prospective vendors on an ongoing basis and communicates status in review process.
- Communicates with vendors continually regarding product, pricing, minimums, terms, shipping, labor code compliance, digital imagery, and other vendor related concerns.
- Updates and distributes assortment plans, term sheets and correspondence letters to vendors
- Proofing: Verifies that pricing and vendor information is accurate in system. Proofreads correspondence letters.
- Sample Management: Maintains and organizes vendor samples of approved assortment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Educational background in business, marketing, or retail merchandise preferred.
- Work experience in a retail environment required.
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including an understanding of retail math.
- Ability to work cross functionally and build relationships with other departments.
- Interest in and knowledge of technology products strongly desired.