The Assistant Director for Marketing & Communications is responsible for the planning, development, and distribution of all the Division, Equity, and Inclusion communication. This position assists with leading strategic planning marketing, communication of initiatives, and establishes goals and objectives for FIU DEI. This role will also work with the internal and external communications teams of the University to ensure consistency and collaboration.
• Creates a foundational marketing strategy and plan to build internal and external awareness with a clear understanding of FIU’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of the DEI strategic vision and plan through marketing and communication. Assists with articulating expectations, monitoring performance, and providing feedback consistently across areas of responsibility.
• Establishes relationships with senior leadership and various business teams to serve as a strategic partner and guide for the FIU leadership and university community on effective DE&I marketing and communication.
• In collaboration with External Relations develops and executes marketing programs and campaigns that support DE&I initiatives, activities and communities from brief development to implementation.
• Advocates for FIU to ensure that all marketing activity undertaken on behalf of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is aligned with and supports FIU’s brand through publications; producing press releases, media advisories, announcements, webpages, e-newsletters, and multimedia content; and producing print collateral such as annual reports, brochures, flyers, and postcards
• Assists in events strategy and coordination of activities. Works with the DEI leadership to develop effective communication-driven surveys.
• Curates, creates, and produces marketing and communication materials related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Reports on campaign results to demonstrate marketing ROI.
• Develops and manages social media activities for the Division. Develops the collateral and copy for social media campaigns and planning. Provides support for content marketing initiatives, including strategy and deliverables.
• Assists in the pre-production and development of multimedia communications such as conceptualizing, writing and editing print, presentation, online and video communications.
• Supports web communications with regards to content management, development and population. Utilizes project management software for efficiency in copy writing projects and monitoring timelines.
• Develop and execute marketing programs and campaigns that support DE&I initiatives, activities and communities from brief development through implementation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field with four (4) years of experience in social media tools, marketing, and advertising or Master’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field with six (2) years of experience in social media tools, marketing, and advertising.
• Knowledge of Web Design tools; Experience collaborating with design and web development teams
• Experience in diversity or cause-related marketing
• Excellent program management and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously with multiple audiences and against deadline
• Must submit one (1) of each marketing sample listed below to be considered for this role (3 Total):
o Campaign with graphics and writing
o Event Marketing Sample (Flyer or Digital Content)
o Screenshot of a Social Media Platform Managed by applicant
• Strong relationship skills; able to develop trusted advisor status at senior management levels to impact and influence decisions and effective actions.
• Excellent project management, analytical and organizational skills.
• Able to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
• Strong experience working effectively and building alignment within a matrixed environment.
• Change management, team leadership, and knowledge of factors that influence human behaviors and decision-making at the individual, group and organizational level.
• Strong business acumen and knowledge of business strategy.
• Proven experience directing the development of workforce analytics metrics, reporting and tools to enable an integrated and holistic approach for enterprise level strategies.
• Begin time: 8:30 AM
End time: 5:00 PM
• $75,000 – $80,000
• Criminal Background Check
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 522447
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.