Our Summer Intern program offers hardworking college students an opportunity to go beyond the classroom to develop leadership skills and gain relevant hands on experience working as part of a global support team with professionals across the enterprise. Additionally, interns will participate in scheduled activities throughout the summer, including sessions with Senior Leaders, site tours, volunteer opportunities, and other social events. Fiserv interns are in session from June 7, 2021 – August 13, 2021 and work approximately 40 hours per week.
About the Role:
Fiserv is currently looking for innovative and motivated Technology Interns to participate in the 10 week 2021 Summer Internship Program. This Summer Internship role is with Global Business Solutions (GBS).
Summary of Department
GBS provides businesses of all sizes and types with a wide range of solutions at the point of sale, including merchant acquiring, eCommerce, mobile commerce, point of sale (POS) systems, and other business solutions. We serve approximately 4 million business locations in the United States and 2 million outside of the United States. The GBS software development group produces all of the software used in Global Business Solutions – software that ranges from the point of sale ecosystem like Clover.
Why Join Release Management/Metrics Team?
The GBS intern experience exposes participants to industrial quality software development methods and the overall business of Fiserv and Global Business Solutions. Many of our program participants are multi-year intern program participants and progress to full-time analyst rotation and/or software development positions within Fiserv once they graduate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As an application development intern, you will work on a group intern software development project in one of the software development groups within the GBS business unit.
- You will work on a team that will design, develop, test and prepare for release a software development project artifact for the software development group to which you are assigned.
- You will also participate in activities with the overall group of Fiserv interns (Fiserv Intern Cohort) and GBS Early Career cohort, which includes GBS software development interns and Early Career software engineers, many of which serve as mentors for the interns and members of the GBS Technical Analyst program.
- Progress towards completion of bachelor’s degree by December 2021 / May 2023 with demonstrated academic achievement
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (3.5 or above preferred)
- Interest in learning and using emerging technologies (Mobile, payments, cloud computing, information security, and converging markets
- Understanding of development processes and life cycles preferred (Waterfall and SCRUM/Agile)
- Must have proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
- Strategic and creative thinking; distinguished written and oral communications skills.
Desired Technical Qualifications, expertise not required (one of):
- C, C++
- Java Script, React, node.js
- COBOL, JCL
Learn more about Fiserv:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.