FirstGroup America is now seeking Management Trainee’s to join our Aspiring Manager Program (AMP) beginning June 2021. This program is designed to help you reach your ultimate professional goals within 18 – 24 months, learn how to successfully manage a team, and allows you to take full control of your career. As a Management Trainee at FirstGroup, you will be a part of a $7 billion-dollar company that is helping shape the future of transportation in our First Student (leading provider of school bus transportation in North America) and First Transit (largest private sector of public transit management and contracting in North America) divisions.
What is AMP?
The Aspiring Manager Program (AMP) is designed to help you succeed professionally by providing curriculum that helps define, develop, and demystify what it means to lead at FirstGroup. This intensive leadership development program provides participants with the tools and experiences to prepare them for a leadership-level role within FirstGroup. While each aspiring manager will have a unique experience through this program, all participants in AMP will follow the same learning journey. This journey includes instructor-led macro courses to capture the core new manager skills, as well as a library of self-directed micro-courses, manager coaching sessions, immersive position rotations, and peer one-on-ones. Upon successful completion of the program, opportunities will be available throughout various locations in North America.
What You’ll do:
- Learn the key skills needed to manage and lead your own team.
- Actively participate in trainings, eLearning’s, onsite learnings, and various other tasks dependent upon the site location.
- Learn and train in various functions within the transportation industry, including operations, management, company policies, human resources, etc., to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments.
- Observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Provide support as needed in the various departments, including reporting, data-entry, presentation creation, strategic planning, customer service as needed.
- Participate in monthly conference calls with other cohort students and subject matter experts.
- Successfully complete an operational excellence project that integrates and applies all you learn and then present your final work at the end of your training term to key leaders within AMP.
Who is Qualified:
This program is geared towards recent college graduates interested in the transportation industry who are seeking a challenging, rewarding career in a fast-paced, consumer-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. We welcome new and recent graduates, within a 12-month timeframe to apply.
- Desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Proficient computer literacy and experienced with Microsoft Office products.
- Previous leadership and/or management experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel to various locations and corporate headquarters as needed.
FirstGroup America is committed to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.